Parks and Recreation Online!
Check out what's going on with Parks and Recreation! You can view our available facilities using ActiveNet. Get up and get active with Parks and Recreation!
The City of Prescott Parks and Recreation also rents sports fields for practices, picnics, and tournaments. For more information on renting a sports field, call the Recreation Division Office, 777-1122. Fields are available at these locations:
- Pioneer Park
- Heritage Park
- Roughrider Park/Bill Vallely Fields
- Ken Lindley Field
- Kuebler Field
- Willow Creek Park
The tennis courts located at 824 E. Gurley St are open to the public on a first come - first served basis. We do not take reservations.
Willow Lake, Watson Lake, Goldwater Lakes and Peavine Trail
- Car/Truck $2.00
The City of Prescott offers a City Park Parking pass at the following cost:
- 20 Visits for $20.00 (No expiration date)
- 60 Visits for $40.00 (No expiration date)
- Annual (unlimited for one year from date of purchase) for $80.00
Pass holders will be issued an 8-digit code. Code must be entered upon entry to the park and an automated parking ticket will print out and must be displayed while the vehicle is parked.
Camping Fees (Summer and Watson Lake Park only)Campground open Thursday thru Monday Nights only(March 28, 2013 through October 1, 2013).
New in 2013, 19 campsites have been added for reservation camping. To reserve camping please contact the Parks and Recreation office at 824 E. Gurley St, Prescott, AZ 86301 or call 928-777-1122
Please read the Camping Rules for more information.
- Campsite $15.00 per site/ per night
- Dry camping only
- Showers and restrooms available, a parks employee will hand out the shower code to paid camping guests only.
- Camping guests will need to pay for their campiste at the kiosk at the entry gate to the park after 12 PM.
- A "campsite" is defined as a maximum of four persons, (1 RV/Trailer and 1 tent; or 2 tents) with a maximum of two vehicles.
- To reserve a campsite please call the Parks and Recreation office at 928-777-1121. Please note that reservations cannot be accepted less than 7 days prior to the date of arrival.
- Cancelations will only be accepted within 72 hours of the date of the camping trip.
Ramadas in City parks can be reserved for small or large groups, for an entire day or less. A reservation ensures your group of exclusive use of the ramada, and allows staff advance notice so that we can prepare for your group's arrival. We offer a 25% discount to City of Prescott residents (bring your City water bill or Yavapai County Assessor's Office tax bill when you make your reservation to identify you as a resident of Prescott).
Will require a $100 reservation hold within 10 days of reservation. $100 is refundable if cancelled 45 days prior to event.
- Half Day (4hrs or less) $150
- Full Day (open to close) $300
- Goldwater Lake Ramada (capacity 100)
- Watson Upper Ramada
- Willow Lake Hilltop Ramada**
- Willow Lake Garden Ramada**
- Refundable deposit: *Commercial Event Rental-$400 Private Event Rental-$200
- Half Day (4hrs or less) $100
- Full Day (open to close) $175
- Granite Creek Park Ramada**
- Vista Park Ramada**
- Willow Creek Park Ramada**
- Refundable deposit: *Commercial Event Rental-$300 Private Event Rental-$200
- * Commercial Event Rentals are any rental that requires a Certificate of Liability
- Half Day (four hours or less) $75
- Whole Day (open to close) $125
- Watson Lower Ramada (capacity 40)
- Flinn Park Ramada (capacity 40)**
- Ken Lindley Park Ramada (capacity 40)**
- Refundable deposit: $200
** Requires a $10 Alcohol Permit to consume beer and/or malt beverages ONLY.
Large Grass Areas
We have large grassy areas at Granite Creek Park and Watson Lake Park that can be reserved for large picnics, weddings, etc. A reservation fee will ensure your exclusive use of the area. Advance notice of your proposed event will allow us to control our irrigation schedules so that your event will take place uninterrupted by "controllable showers." (25% discount to City residents - show City water bill or Yavapai County Assessor's Office tax bill at time of reservation for discount). For groups of 50 or more a Special Event application is required. Proof of Special Event approval and park rental receipt will be required to be in the possession of the applicant's authorized representative attending the event. Reoccurring events (2 or more times a month) will be subject to a $200 fee per event.(updated 4/7/2010)
- Hourly Rental: $35.00 per hour plus an additional $200.00 refundable security deposit.
An outdoor stage area at Watson Lake Park, including power pedestals for vendors, may be reserved by special arrangement. Please contact the office for more information. Rental fees and damage deposits will depend on the size and nature of the event, proposed admission fee, etc.
Special Event Park Rentals at Watson Lake
Upon request, Watson Lake can be rented for Special Events. Full park reservations (Upper Ramada, Lower Ramada and Grassy Area- ONLY) can be reserved for a daily cost of $800 with a $500 refundable clean-up and damage deposit. Use of the full camping area will be an additional $345 a day. All rental fees, including the $500 refundable damage deposit will be due NLT 20 days prior to event. Large scale events held at Watson Lake during peak season (Memorial Day to Labor Day) will be subject to a 25% fee increase. $2.00 parking fee will be charged at Watson Lake and Willow Lake for all vehicles entering your event. Parks staff will collect parking fees at the entrance to the park. Requests for Special Events will require a Special Event Application and approval by the Special Event Committee. (25% City Resident Discount DOES NOT apply to full park rentals).
Field and Facility Rentals
Grace Sparkes Activity Center
The Grace Sparkes Activity Center is located at 824 East Gurley St. This facility is also the location for the Parks and Recreation Department Office. The GSAC is available to rent for events, activities and meetings. There is a full size gymnasium and stage as well as a separate Flagstone Room for meetings. For more information on renting either the Gym/Stage or Flagstone Room, please contact the Recreation Division office at 777-1122.